Thursday, July 3, 2008

Age Before Beauty

For reasons that are way too frightening to admit that I won't bore you with, last night I found this John Waite video for "If Anybody Had a Heart".


This video highlights scenes from the 80's cult classic, About Last Night (ok, fine, maybe no cults are devoting anything to this film but still...). Is it just me, or does John Waite look and dress just a wee bit like Molly Ringwald in this video?

Anyhoo, I remember vividly when I saw About Last Night in 1986, MY FRESHMAN YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL.

(Wow, that was painful to write.)

I had to leave before the end of the movie because it was past my curfew, and when I called dear old dad from a pay phone to say I might be late...he was PISSED! And so my date, whose name escapes me 22 years later, drove me home.

PhotobucketOn his motorcycle.

I did not share this with dad.

But now, 22 years after that film, I just can't help but wonder what secret Dorian Gray-ish pact Demi and Rob made all those eons ago. In case you haven't noticed, NEITHER HAS AGED. Not one bit!!! It's spooky! Demi WAS born in Roswell, New Mexico. I'm just saying...

I'll have what they're having.

By the way, in 1986, Ashton Kutcher was eight years old.

No comments: