Sunday, March 29, 2009

On a Wing and a Prayer

So, I'm finally caught up on all my shows. The DVR is at a modest 68% (gotta keep those emergency Sex and the City's and bad Lifetime movies I'll never actually watch stockpiled in case...well, I don't know, I just have a lotta crap on my DVR that I can't seem to delete. This is not unlike my closet, but I digress.).

I was all ready with my sweats and my ice cream, ready to watch the outcome of Edie's electrocution/car accident on Desperate Housewives tonight, and...a repeat? The knocking off of Nicolette Sheridan's character, I saw coming. The delayed second part, I did not.

Sigh.

With nothing but the aforementioned DVR fluff to pass the time, I started looking ahead to some of those remaining mid-season replacement shows coming up. After all, ER, for better or worse, is done this week. Mad Men isn't back anytime soon. And though I'm marginally interested in seeing if the producers on Grey's hate Katherine Heigl enough to make that brain tumor fatal, finale time will be here before you know it.

So even though soon there will be a 'good tv' deficit, at least there's a duo of mid-season replacements to consider to have on in the background while you're Facebooking for your viewing pleasure:

PhotobucketHARPER'S ISLAND
Premise: A bunch of people get together on an island and each week someone is killed off.
Good news: An island mystery to pass the time after Lost has its finale.
Bad news: Premise doesn't exactly bode well for a season 2. Also, lots of tinkering's been done since the pilot, including replacing Bill Pullman with, um, Harry Hamlin.
Premiere Date: April 9th @ 10pm






PhotobucketCUPID
Premise: Bobby Cannavale may or may not be Cupid, and has to (or thinks he has to) get 100 couples together to return to Mt. Olympus, all the while under the care of psychiatrist Sarah Paulson.
Good News: Who doesn't love a little romance? Plus, with new guest stars every week, employment for all the actors that aren't getting hired to lay on gurneys on ER anymore.
Bad News: The buzz isn't great and the original it was based on wasn't exactly awesome. Also, to me, Bobby Cannavale will always be the funky spunk guy from Sex and the City no matter how many shows he is on. Ew.
Premiere Date: March 31st @ 10pm

And I seriously still have a New Year's Eve Faith Ford movie on the DVR. A Kiss at Midnight may not be a Lifetime Movie, but it is Hallmark. It remains to be seen if they've sent their very best.

No comments: