Monday, April 13, 2009

Scare Tactics

I have to admit, I've never really sought out horror movies. I mean, I saw The Vanishing 15 years ago and I'm still worried someone is going to kidnap me at a gas station and bury me alive after covering my mouth with ether.

That Jeff Bridges gave me the willies!

But the fun ones - the campy, Scream-ish, camp-o-rama types? Well those are just fun, and I like it.

PhotobucketAnd so I'm so happy Harper's Island has all the ingredients to be the perfect guilty pleasure. It's not too late for you to jump on board! Just click here to go to CBS's website and watch episode #1. This one-season wonder is going to kill someone off every week until the killer is revealed; that's all you really need to know. Stop reading NOW though if you haven't seen it. Spoiler alert, ahead!



What's good The producers are following the campy checklist here, everyone is pretty and often scantily clad. There's lots of red herrings so it seems everyone's a suspect, which is fun.

What's bad How could they kill off Harry Hamlin in ep one? The king of kitsch should have been kept around longer. His bronzer alone was kind of awesome, in a ridiculous George Hamilton is passing the torch kind of way. Super bummer.

Also, what's with the hot girls with the dorky guys? Totally unbelievable. They re-cast a lot of this show since the original pilot, seems like they should've had money left in their budget to find some cooler dudes.

I have zero inside info, but my money's on the groom to be the killer.

Next episode airs Thursday at 10p/ET.

No comments: