Tuesday, June 26, 2007

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI may not be David Ogilvy, but the fundamentals of advertising are fairly simple to grasp: create a need so people want to buy your product. The Starter Wife has created a need. So, where's the product?

On multiple episodes, they keep playing a 'signature song' every time Debra Messing's character hooks up with a homeless guy. (Wow, that sounds a lot stranger to write than what occurs on the show. I digress...) Anyway, surely a quick visit to the USA/Starter Wife website (which includes such valuable features as the 'whack an ex' videogame) would inform me where to find this song? Nope.

After extensive googling (what did Nancy Drew do before Google?), I discovered that Itunes has an album, "Songs from the Starter Wife". Of course! Easy! But it's not there, either. Just a bunch of forgettable filler songs that I don't even remember being in the show.

Why must you torture me so, USA, WHY?! I mean, I (and other el-dorko chick flickers like me) am practically running down the street with my checkbook. I want to buy this song!!! Is it just ME, or is this a no-brainer opportunity for this new artist and USA to both make money?

Maybe it's just me. Detective skills in tact, I found this dude (I think?) on My Space: http://www.myspace.com/fergusbrown
Click on "Last Winter". You can't buy it, but at least you can hear this Peter Gabriel-ish future star. You heard it here first...well, sort of.

1 comment:

mlw428 said...

Great work Agent KK. I'm done with that show. Is it over yet?