Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What the (Whole Wide) World Needs Now, is Love, Sweet Love

Some thoughts on the finale of my guilty pleasure, The Bachelor:

*Spoilers*

I can't say I blame Brad for dumping Jenni. I'm sorry, anyone who uses the phrase "the whole wide world" after age eight (as in, verbatim: "if Brad were to get down on one knee and propose to me, I'd be the happiest girl in the whole wide world" and "this is like, one of the worst feelings in the whole wide world) should not be getting married. To anyone.

And I am SURE she dots the "i" in Jenni with a heart.

As for Brad not picking EITHER of the two final girls, well, at least it's better than the usual fakery we endure before the eventual breakup statement is issued. Regardless, the producers went into spin mode immediately on the "After the Final Rose" followup special and trotted out Trista, Ryan and their new baby to show how successful the show is. That's one marriage in 11 seasons. Not sure I'd be psyched if a doctor told me I had a 1 in 11 chance to live.

I'm just saying.

Award for Best Use of Hyperbole: Chris Harrison to the Bachelor: "Everyone in America has a thousand questions for you".

No comments: