Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Writer...blocked!

I've missed you all. Hopefully, you've missed me.

I'm here to tell you something you may already know: Timewarner Cable is the devil (guess I've kissed any future jobs there goodbye...oops).

For the past two weeks (!) I've had to deal with intermittent non-functioning cable and internet (thus my disappearing act). I know this seems not possible, but it's true. Last night, I was filled with glee hearing that it was (finally) fixed. I burst through the door knowing that I would not have to endure any more silence (the absence of white noise was killing me). So I put on the tv...and...everything's in SPANISH. I couldn't really make this stuff up. Muy mal.

Anyhoo, it's finally fixed, which is good for them because I was about to go all Michael Moore on their ass.

Well, I'm back up and ready to blog away, hungry for the coming holiday...no, not that one, though I do love me some turkey. It's time for SWEEPS!!!!! My favorite time of year! I have so much to catch up on, but now, with the writer's strike, who knows what we'll be seeing.

I can tell you that the previously planned November debut of Cashmere Mafia is already officially on hold so that ABC can launch (hopefully) in the new year. Oh, and by the way, October Road is also supposed to come back with a 2nd season debut end of November (is it just me or should they have debuted, well, in OCTOBER?). I haven't heard of it being impacted...yet.

I know it's hard, kids, what with our favorite shows in jeopardy and all, but we must support the strike. Writers deserve their proper piece of the pie, too, ya know....because without their words, frankly, there's nothing left to say.

No comments: