Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tweetle Dumb

Lately, I've been nervous that I may have lost my edge. I was shopping at Marshall's (yes, Marshall's - go ahead and judge. It's the New Economy. I'm trying to be all Suze Orman-ish! Though, come to think of it, she probably wouldn't want me shopping at all. Hmm. Can't win.).

I digress. So I'm shopping at Marshall's and I pick up what I believe to be kind of a cool outfit, and then I'm stopped dead in my tracks. The sign above it says "Pretty 'N Professional". Am I really the "Pretty 'N Professional" sort? Me, a gal who has helped create global advertising campaigns for Calvin Klein? The same gal who has been FRONT ROW at Fashion Week?

Imagine my horror.

There was still time to recover. I mean, I know I'm still KINDA cool. My recent purchase of a sliced leather Linea Pelle bracelet has netted me dozens of compliments from utter strangers, so I must still have the look, right? So WHAT if I 100% copied it from JLO because she wore it in The Switch The Backup Plan. I. Still. Am. Cool.

Anyhoo, I tossed the "Pretty N Professional" outfit aside and reached for a much hipper suede-y-furry-fringey vest for fall. Totally Cool. Totally Hip. I'm so there.

Uh, the tag says "Teen Vogue" and I'm twenty years too late. Time to leave the store.

Maybe it's time to reassess. I realize one disastrous shopping trip shouldn't scare me into fearing my hipster relevance in the world, but dang it all Stella's gettin' her groove back. So I did something even more shocking than being pretty or professional. You're not gonna believe it.

I joined Twitter!
YUP, that's right, I'm now keeping up with what Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher all the crazy kids are up to. Ok, I still don't totally understand it, but I do know if you are a twitterer, too, I need you to follow me immediately! And if you REALLY want to help me out, maybe tweet a little love and tell your followers about me!
http://twitter.com/IsItJustMeTV


Thanks in advance for helping spread the word. I don't want to be destined for a life of Pretty N Professional.

PS. I hear this IPhone thing is catching on. Is this true?

No comments: