Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Old Dogs, New Tricks

If you are not too busy trying to figure out what the heck Facebook has done to your status updates, or trying to Google what Google + is, there's lots to watch around the dial tonight. Buckle up.

The X Factor
Now's your chance to see Simon and Paula reunite, and maybe see the next Susan Boyle, if that's your bag. It's different from American Idol in that...um...well the judges advertise sell their soul to drink Pepsi, not Coke.

Up All Night
This actually premiered last week, and the laffer about 2 new parents is pretty spot on. Throw in Maya Rudolph as an Oprah-ish boss, and you tv peeps especially will get a kick out of it. But fear not, Christina Applegate fans. If this tanks, Applegate seems to get a new sitcom every few years (Ok, I just IMDB'd her to verify this fact and she is also credited on...a pregnant pole dancing dvd. Research AND range, folks!).

Free Agents
Also premiered last week. Not gonna lie, this wasn't Hank Azaria's best work, but he sat next to me and my friends at dinner once and was very nice to us. Actually, my issue with the first episode was that gal he is supposed to be chasing on the show. Maybe they should've brought in someone...more out of his league? Not quite buying what she's selling. Still, I am on TEAM HANK and sticking with this show. But, if you don't want to watch, don't feel bad...those Simpsons residuals will probably pay his mortgage for awhile.

Revenge
I won't be watching this one, mostly because that girl that stars in it was annoying as all get out when I used to watch her on Brothers and Sisters. However, ABC obviously thinks it's got a shot since they are advertising it every other second. You'll have to judge for yourself.

Last but not least....

Modern Family
It's back! This for me is mostly a sure thing, though I'm a little worried they are busting out the one hour big family vaca AGAIN.

If it turns into A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE, I'm outta here.

No comments: