Friday, February 23, 2007

Grey's Drowning

RE: Last Night's Ep of Grey's.

Oh dear, I can't believe I am bashing Grey's twice in 24 hours. I do love you so, my Seattle friends, but where do I begin???

Meredith dies and wanders around the afterlife and she spends most of her time with...DENNY? Don't get me wrong, always happy to see him again, but this isn't IZZY'S death/dream sequence. Did Meredith ever even interact with Denny? Ever? Random. However, if they're so hell bent on spinning off Grey's then spin off Denny. He can walk around and haunt people or something.

As for the other inhabitants of Limbo Land....Ok, I get the EMT that blew up in front of her. I guess seeing something like that would follow you into the afterlife. And I get the first patient who died in her care (played by Monica Keena, who, is it just me, or is she actually the same person as Brittany Murphy?). But that other random nurse was a stretch. Didn't she play the hooker that thought Andrew McCarthy was gay in St. Elmo's Fire? Why do I know this but not where Minnesota is on a map?

I'm no MD but it seems fairly ridulous that Meredith emerges from not breathing for like, hours, and speaks clearly with no brain damage?

Sigh.

Bright spot: How great an actress is Sandra Oh?
And McDreamy is still, well, dreamy.

1 comment:

cmp said...

ooooo I like the idea of a Denny spinoff. I for one was happy to see him back on the screen.

and the idea for shoulda-woulda-coulda knocked up Addison, now THAT would have been interesting.

keep doing this,krista!

and Minnesota is near Wisconsin.
and the Dakotas.
And Iowa.
And CANADA.