Thursday, May 17, 2007

GREY AREA

*Spoiler Alert* I'm talking about plot points of the finale here...do not read ahead if you haven't watched yet!!

I NEED A DOSE OF EPI:
The season as a whole has been uneven. It seems to me that once the writers got Derek and Meredith together, they panicked because there was suddenly no more conflict. Breaking them up via Addison's arrival was brilliant. Heading them towards a breakup for reasons that seem sort of wafer thin seems disappointing. Did i miss something? Derek's pissed because she tried to drown herself? That's how she's "not there for him?" Also, doesn't it seem like Meredith bounced back rather quickly from her stepmother's death (not to mention her dad backhanding her AND blaming her!).

That said, the episode as a whole was really good. Whoever this new "Grey" character is might be just the thing to stir things up with Derek and Meredith.

I CAN'T DIAGNOSE THIS:
How come the new interns seemed to know George was the "failed intern"? Was there a scarlet F on his locker?
And how come Richard seemed to be clueless that he could be the father of Adele's baby? Did he catch Alzheimer's from Ellis Grey and forget he and Adele had sex?

HEALTHY PROGNOSIS:
Love that George failed the exam. Nice little plot twist and can't wait to see what he does next.
We all love Dr. Bailey. Everyone. Find me anyone who watches the show who doesn't love her. And so I am hopeful (though not SURE) that next season she can get more screen time in this new dynamic where she's under Callie. That has the potential to be great.

FLATLINE:
I can't believe Burke is gone. Despite his obviously horrid off camera antics, I actually grew to really love Burke and Christina as a couple this season...and with the recent Derek and Meredith snooze-fest, I was really kind of liking them more! Plus, me being the ridiculous romantic that I am, I thought when Burke walked down the aisle to go get Christina, he was going to go get her and walk her up the aisle so they could do it together. Awww. That woulda been nice, but ABC crushed my dreams. Too bad they haven't contacted me to write for the show. But of course as I've said before, if I was writing the show, Addison would've been preggers with McDreamy's baby and that would've been a deliciously more interesting plot device to keep McDreamy and Meredith apart!

No comments: