Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Only the Good Die Young

In my continuing quest to quench my thirst for some good chick tv, I finally watched the remaining (unaired) episodes of Six Degrees on-line. I realize I am possibly one of the only viewers (well, besides the cast & crew's parents maybe), but I think this show got pulled too soon. Most maddening was the fact that the last episode left so many plot points unresolved...presumably, forever. In the final scene, Peter Horton turns up as a handsome stranger next to ice-queen Bridget Moynahan's Whitney. He's a symbol of hope and even though it's literally seconds, we can think that he might've even been the next love interest.

I love me that Peter Horton from Thirtysomething! I would've liked to see that. Guess he's busy these days producing and directing little shows like Grey's Anatomy. Heard of it?

Call me a purist, but I like my chick flick shows to be wrapped up in a nice little bow: just give me my wedding (or funeral) scene and call it a day.

Then of course there's Felicity. This show had a 'fake' pseudo-finale when the characters graduated, then the network threw them a bone and let them shoot four more episodes...which yielded the BRILLIANT time travel episodes culminating with a PROPER finale that included a wedding. That was some good tv.

Well, Six Degrees is in good company. Did you know that shows like Laverne and Shirley, Diff'rent Strokes and The Jeffersons never had formal finales?

I know, I know...you're going to start bitching about the Sopranos. That doesn't count...THAT cliffhanger was planned.

Maybe I'll wake up like Bob Newhart and realize it was all just a dream.

No comments: