Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm a Little Bit Country

We can all use a little levity today after yesterday's tragic news about Heath Ledger.

It's a reality-tv-maker's market these days, now that most of the scripted programs have gone bye bye for a good long while. I just happened to stumble upon Carnie Wilson on the Today Show this morning, stumping on behalf of her new show on CMT, Gone Country. If you didn't already know, CMT stands for Country Music Television.

Now, assuming you can actually FIND CMT (it was channel 140 on my NYC Timewarner lineup), this might be worth checking out. It's got kind of a Surreal Life meets American Idol feel to it. The premise is that a bunch of "established musicians" live in a house together, go through some challenges, and the winner gets an opportunity to possibly record and release a country song.

All I know is Carnie Wilson had to room with Bobby Brown.

I'm a little dubious after viewing the clip below because it's a little bit of a snoozer, but I might check it out anyway, if only to see what shenanigans Bobby Brown is involved in (if you are receiving this via email you may need to go to my site directly to view). I mean, the show DOES also include a Brady.



By the way, what's with all the ATV riding on reality shows all of a sudden? Last week, this was also part of a date on Rock of Love 2.

This leads me to think I should be handing out some PR distinctions of the week:

PR coup of the week: makers of ATV's
PR disaster of the week: makers of Ambien

No comments: