Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Odd Jobs

I love this time of year. Besides gorging on all the finales, this is the month we get word on all the new shows soon to be clogging up your DVR.

A&E just announced some...interesting ones.

PhotobucketTony Danza, he of Taxi and Who's the Boss? fame, will be doing a reality show where he - get this - spends a year as a teacher. They are billing it as the real life Welcome Back, Kotter. Now, I don't remember where Mr. Kotter was being welcomed back from, but I'm guessing it wasn't from the worst talk show ever other than Magic Johnson's life as a sitcom star.








PhotobucketSteven Seagal: Lawman premieres this summer. The onetime ponytail wielding action star is apparently a real life deputy in Louisiana. Roll cameras...let the hijinks ensue!










PhotobucketAnd in requisite 'comeback' reality show of the week...MC Hammer will hit the airwaves in June for Hammertime. This one follows Stanley Burrell aka MC Hammer as he lives a more 'economically balanced life' (press release words - not mine!) in Oakland, CA. "Economically balanced"? No word on whether Suze Orman has a role.

On another note, do I have to start watching Jon and Kate plus 8? I am assaulted by their mugs on the covers of all my favorite trashy mags, and I sure would hate to miss out on something pop culturally relevant...but really? Do I care about this? What's with all the Octo-fascination?

Eight is Enough was sooooooo before its time.

No comments: