Sunday, April 1, 2007

Desperate for the truth!

I'm beginning to even bore MYSELF with yet another rant against the network establishment but...stop luring us to your shows under false pretenses! ABC's promo promised an ALL NEW Desperate Housewives but it was the 'ol bait and switch...just another damn clip show. If you're so keen on the clip shows because they are a cheap way to fill the hour, then how about using them where they make sense...like as a refresher prior to the return of Six Degrees, the show no one had seen in months! And is it just me or have there been an unusual amount of clip/catch up shows during Desperate Housewives' entire run? This show is not exactly hard to follow, we're not dealing with LOST here...Sigh. Didn't NBC do the same sneaky thing with The Office a few weeks ago? At least my DVR still loves me. It didn't lie. It revealed to me that this was a highlight show. Thanks DVR. This is why I love you, because you always tell it like it is.

Hey kids, just a reminder, with a night filled with NEW episodes, last week CBS kicked ABC's repeat laden booty in the ratings on Thursday night. This week, Grey's is once again scheduled to be a repeat...unless the suits go into crisis mode and move up the new shows...which they might want to consider doing since they're not exactly doing October Road any favors with the sloppy seconds lead in...

3 comments:

mlw428 said...

ah, you gave me my segway...you mentioned October Road. It's one of those shows I'm embarrassed to admit I like. Yes, I do. I like October Road (I just admitted it to myself again.) Does anyone else? What are your predictions? Will it live?

Krista Katsoulis said...

October Road is really at the whim of ABC at this point. The plan, I hear, is to only air one more episode, and then, IF it gets picked up, they'll air the 2 remaining eps as part of season 2. Not sure how they expect to build a season with 4 episodes, 2 of which are led by Grey's repeats...but anything is possible! They did bring back What About Brian this season after only 5 episodes last season, after all....

ABC will announce its fall schedule on May 15th.

mlw428 said...

IT SEEMS LIKE they cancel shows very quickly. Like Black Donnellys already gone.