Monday, November 10, 2008

15 minutes

PhotobucketEverybody wants their 15 minutes of fame.

Or so it seems.

As I scour every nook and cranny of the employment universe, I have no choice but to include Craig'sList on my daily go-to list of "job" sites. Yes, Craig'sList, that of the get rich quick schemes and a damn good place to sell that dresser you've been hangin' onto since you were like 16.

I've discovered something that maybe you already know: there is a show about everything. EVERYTHING. And if there isn't a show about it, someone, somewhere is trying to make one. A random sample of ads calling out to me this week alone:

LOVE YOUR MUTT BUT WISH YOU KNEW ITS BREED? NAT’L TV SHOW! - (NYC)

DO YOU HATE YOUR LIPS? - (NYC)

EVER HAD YOUR BIKE STOLEN? (Downtown)

Well, all this does is reinforce the fact that I am not going to find a job on Craigs List, nor am I going to get to be on TV. I mean, I don't have a dog, but if I did, I'm not sure I would want to put it on the Animal Planet version of "Roots". I actually like my lips, so, that's out, too. No one ever swiped my bike, but I'm pretty sure if I went on tv to talk about it, the extent of it would go something like this: "That sucked". The End. Let's be honest, no one's watching that.

I'm really not trying to hate on CraigsList. Just cause I don't wanna go on any of these (really boring sounding) shows doesn't mean there aren't REAL jobs to be found.

Here's a personal fave :
Wildlife Experts Needed For New Cable Series (National)

Northern California television production company is actively seeking wildlife experts with backgrounds in Evolutionary Biology, Ecology, and Zoology to be featured in a new cable network show. We are searching for individuals with personality, passion, and above all, a proven track record in researching and investigating genetic mutations.


Now, there's just one problem. I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that any wildlife experts, particularly ones with a proven track record in genetic mutations, aren't trolling CraigsList for jobs.

I, however, AM. So, if you see any postings offering up millions for chick bloggers who like to talk about tv...

No comments: