Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Way, Yes Our Way

Sometimes, you have to just let things go. And so I shouldn't want to mess with the memory of last night's historically significant election and muck it up with my own issues.

But I can't help it.

PhotobucketI know I shouldn't admit how troubled I am with Michelle Obama's decision to wear a frock that evoked some kind of checkerboard/tie dye/superhero mashup on one of the most important nights of her life.

And I really shouldn't admit that every time NBC cut to Ann Curry in that graphically weird virtual reality colosseum, I couldn't focus on the results because I kept expecting Princess Leah to appear in a laser beam of light pleading "Help me Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

But mostly, I really shouldn't admit that although I thought Barack's speech was pretty stellar, it woulda been SO MUCH COOLER if he just recited the Laverne and Shirley theme song. Is it just ME, or wouldn't that have kinda worked, too?

Give us any chance, we'll take it.
Give us any rule, we'll break it.
We're gonna make our dreams come true.
Doin' it our way.

Nothin's gonna turn us back now,
Straight ahead and on the track now.
We're gonna make our dreams come true,
Doin' it our way.

There is nothing we won't try,
Never heard the word impossible.
This time there's no stopping us.
We're gonna do it.

On your mark, get set, and go now,
Got a dream and we just know now,
We're gonna make our dream come true.
And we'll do it our way, yes our way.
Make all our dreams come true,
And do it our way, yes our way,
Make all our dreams come true
For me and you.


Yes, he could've! Ok, fine. I won't quit my day job.

Damnit, I don't have a day job. Hurry President Obama, fix the economy!!!!

No comments: