Thursday, March 29, 2007

I want this to be good!

Coming soon, well, in May, it's USA's mini-series of the book "The Starter Wife". I want this to be good in a deliciously decadent, soapy kind of guilty pleasure way. However, I am worried that USA is billing this as a 6 hour "event". I hear '6 hour event', I think Masterpiece Theater, characters on horseback with swords drawn, not camp about rich Hollywood wives. Also, while I'm on a marketing-questioning rant...the promos department seems to have chosen the same music E! used to death during awards season for all of their red carpet coverage. Pick something else! Please you advertising types - Watch tv! Be aware! Be ORIGINAL!!! By the way, in this series, Debra Messing will take on the title role and attempt to break out of her "Grace" character image by playing a character named, um...Gracie.

2 comments:

Mary Mullaney said...

Messing really had no chance anyway. she's a one trick redheaded pony.

Krista Katsoulis said...

But, let's not forget her genius in "Ned and Stacey"....