Sunday, April 27, 2008

Swept Away

I love this time of year. The flowers are starting to bloom. Children can practically taste summer vacation.

And the networks are pulling out all the stops to lure in viewers for sweeps.

It wasn't even on my mind until I saw this Oprah promo for some of her upcoming episodes hitting the small screen in May:

Photobucket5/1: The Sex and the City cast will be on to discuss the upcoming movie. Now, I have no idea if they'll address the rumors about Big dying in the movie, but I do hope they talk about why his eyebrows are looking more manicured than the lawn at Charlotte's former country house with Trey.

5/2 AND 5/5: Tom Cruise is returning, his first visit since he jumped the Scientology shark his couch-jumping incident. Among other things, his appearance is a thinly veiled infomercial to convince us all that he is not an alien to celebrate his 25 years in films (anyone else feel old due to that statement?).Photobucket


5/6: Barbara Walters is going to be on, too, dishing about her long career. The sound bite on the ad alluded to some scandalous affair that almost derailed Walters' career.

I can only hope and pray it was not an affair with Al Reynolds.

Aw, heck, it's sweeps time. I kinda hope it is.

No comments: